- 3 cups baby bella mushrooms
- 2 cups peeled and diced sweet potato's
- 3tblsp coconut aminos
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups canned lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup GF bread crumbs
- 4tblsp coconut aminos (soy sauce)
- 2 tblsp thyme
- Fresh thyme for garnishing
- No sugar added ketchup for glaze
1. Preheat oven to 350. Get out a skillet/pan and add a drizzle of EVOO. Now add in mushroom, sweet potato and coconut aminos. Add a dash of salt & pepper. Sautee for about 5 min uncovered. Then add a dash of water to create steam, cover and simmer on low for another 5 mins. Sweet potatoes should be soft but not mushy!
2. While that is cooking, add your nuts to a food processor or blender and chop till fine. You can have a few hard pieces in there to add some texture! I like a nice crunch here and there!
3. Remove nuts from food processor by adding to a large mixing bowl. Now add mushrooms & sweet potatoes to the processor. Pulse a few times till everything is all mixed well and broken down. Add that to mixing bowl.
4. Now add lentils to processor and pulse a few times till broken down. Just be careful not to make them too mushy. Add to mixing bowl
5. Now add breadcrumbs, tomato paste & breadcrumbs to bowl. Mix everything together well. Get out your loaf pan, oil if nonstick. Add mixture to pan, packing down with spatula/spoon as you go. Shake/drop the pan to ensure its evenly distributed in pan
6. Add your beautiful ketchup glaze! Bake uncovered for 45mins. At 45, remove.. cover & bake for remaining 15/20mins. Top with fresh thyme & enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Share your new cooking skills and tag it with #ChelsOnHealth so I can see your masterpiece!