Weekly chili has become a staple at our house! On days we know we will be home late or super busy I like to throw this recipe in the crock pot in the morning or night before and it's ready to go. What I love most about this chili recipe is that it gives me camping, potluck nostalgia! Just pour all the cans in the crock pot and let the juices and veggies do the flavoring. This is also one of the most filling meals I make so it's perfect for lunch the next day too
- 1/2 Green pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 16oz cans of no salt added diced tomato
- 1tblsp tomato paste
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can mixed vegetables/bag frozen veg mix (carrots,corn,peas, etc)
- 2/4 cups vegetable broth, depending on the consistency you like!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 vegetable bullion cube
- 1 teasp cumin
- 1 teasp Paprika
- 1/2 teasp cinnamon
- Grain Free Tortilla chips
- Vegan cream cheese
1. Heat EVOO in pan. If you have an instant pot or pressure cooker you can do this step in the cooker on "Sauté" setting.
2. Add onion and cook till translucent. Next add green pepper and cook for a few minutes
3. Add to crock pot. Skip this step if you are using an Instant Pot
4. Pour all remaining wet ingredients (save spices) into pot. Do not drain any of the cans before doing this! All the juices will work together for extra flavor
5. Now add spices! Stir well to ensure everything is all jumbled up
6. Cook on low for 2/3hrs if crockpot. Instapot... hit that chili button!
Tried this recipe? Share your new cooking skills and tag it with #ChelsOnHealth so I can see your masterpiece!